Energy-efficient BuildingCopyright: Dr. Franz Klaus, Werksviertel Vermietungs GmbH
This course offers an expansion of the basics in the fields of buildings physics by giving a deeper insight in topics such as energy efficient planning, building, retrofitting and operating. The course will also give a broad overview over national and International political frameworks, building typologies, different building standards, as well as norms. One key aspect is the german implementation (EnEV) of the european Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) for non-residential buildings.
Content of the lecture:
The following topics are presented within the course "Energy Efficient Building":
- Illustrating the necessity for energy efficient acting in general,
- deeper understanding of building physics and building technology,
- overview over national and International laws and norms,
- introduction to the building energy demand calculationusing DIN V 18599.
Within the framework of the events, the following learning objectives are pursued:
- Students acquire deeper knowledge in the fields of building physics, building technology and energy demand calculation.
- After completion of the course, students are able to calculate the energy demand for non-residential buildings using DIN V 18599.
- The students are able to compare and evaluate the use of different building technologies and make decisions accordingly.