Building Performance SimulationCopyright: © e3d
In this course, the students will acquire the basics of mathematical-physical models and numerical methods that are necessary to describe and implement a dynamic zonal simulation model of thermo-energetic effects in a building. The module consists of a lecture part and a practical part. The students’ knowledge is put into practice by programming individual zones of a simulation model and combining them to a comprehensive zone model.
Content of the lecture:
The following topics are presented within the course " Building Performance Simulation ":
- Basic principles of planning and implementation of energy performance modeling and simulation
- Thermodynamic and multidimensional effects
- Solar modeling and ray tracing algorithms
- Practical implementation of a multi zonal building thermal simulation using Modelica
Within the framework of this course, the following learning objectives are pursued:
- Students acquire the knowledge about different reactions of a building based on the heat transfer and thermal storage.
- After completion of the course, students are able to mathematically compute the stationary and transient heat transfers algorithms, air flow patterns and radiation exchanges between different components of a building.
- The students can further carry out the modeling of single- and multi-zone building models for dynamic thermal simulations.