Institute InternshipCopyright: © e3d
During the internship phase, independent topic-specific or research-oriented experiments and tasks are carried out and evaluated. The institute internship takes place in cooperation with the chairs "Geotechnical Engineering" and "Construction Business and Project Management". Each student passes through all three subject areas of the respective chairs.
Content of the lecture:
The courses offered by the Institute of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Building include:
- A short introduction to the programming language C and to the microcontroller "Arduino".
- Commissioning of an Arduino with a temperature sensor and first test programs.
- Introduction of the heat transfer coefficient (U-value).
- Measurement of the U-value of material cubes using the Arduino and temperature sensors.
- Comparison of the measured values with the tabular values and discussion of the causes.
The following learning objectives will be pursued within the framework of the events:
- The students acquire the ability to program a microcontroller.
- The students learn a measuring method to determine the heat transfer coefficients.
- The students gain a first insight into the influence of error sources on the applied measurement method.